Monday, September 05, 2011

Camping

It's been over a week...but not a year! (Which is great for me.) Anyway, things going on!

So I went to the resource fair! And I ended up talking to this very cool sounding company that works with people with developmental disabilities (which sounds like what I did during my undergrad) and I interviewed with them...and they offered me the job on the spot!...and I had to turn it down. Sadly, the job would've taken me down to half my my income, and I couldn't take it.

Fall semester is fully underway. My classes appear to be very worky this semester. Crazier than the last two classes! My research class has assignments due pretty much every week. Every week! Second week of class we had a paper due. It wasn't even graded and I was still freaking out, because I didn't know what I wasn't supposed to write...and we had to cram A LOT into one page. And my group for my other class seems very much into having things done ahead of time. I really dislike group projects. Why do classes insist on them? 3 out of 4 grad classes have had group projects.

We also went camping. It was, well, campy. It was fun for the three days we were gone, and it was great seeing my parents and brothers and grandparents. There was a very chatty couple that came on Saturday and was staying at the campsite next to us. They were MSU fans, so go green! It was also great when we got to come back, and have beds...and electricity...and not smell like smoke. When we were there, I didn't realize that we smelled like smoke, but then when I was doing the laundry after we got home...we definitely smelled like smoke!



This is one of my favorite pictures. Caleb absolutely loved the water pump!



We took Caleb fishing. My parents bought him a fishing pole. He didn't really figure out how to cast, but he got the hang of reeling it in pretty fast! We didn't give him a hook, he had a casting plug at the end.



Mom and Caleb


That's all for now. Busy week ahead, hopefully I'll remember to post again soon!

No comments: